Liz Claiborne, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to producing
high quality products at a good value to our consumer. The Company not
only follows the letter and spirit of all applicable laws, but maintains
a high standard of business ethics and regard for human rights.
Moreover, we require sound business ethics from our suppliers.
Liz Claiborne, Inc. and its Subsidiaries
Standards of Engagement
1. Legal Requirements. Suppliers must observe all
applicable laws of their country, including laws relating to employment,
discrimination, the environment, safety and the apparel and related
fields. Moreover, suppliers must comply with applicable United States
laws relating to the import of products, including country of origin
labelling, product labelling and fabric and
product testing. If local or industry practices exceed local legal
requirements, this higher standard should be met.
2. Health and Safety. Conditions must be safe, clean
and acceptable through out all work and residential facilities.
3. Employment Practices. We will only support
businesses who are fair to their employees:
- Suppliers must pay wages and benefits and provide compensation for
overtime consistent with local laws.
- Suppliers must adopt working hours that do not exceed prevailing
local law. One day in seven should be regularly encouraged as a day
- Suppliers must not use child labor as defined by local law
(however, workers must be at least 15 years of age), forced labor or
- Suppliers must not use corporal punishment or other mental or
physical disciplinary actions or engage in sexual harassment.
- We favor suppliers who do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, national origin, political affiliation or sex, and who
encourage free association and freedom of expression.
4. Environmental Practice. We favor suppliers who
practice environmental protection.
5. Ethical Conduct. We will encourage our suppliers to
embrace ethical standards in the conduct of their businesses. We will
not support or participate in any way in any local, regional or national
war or armed conflict in any country in which we do business and will
seek to minimize our business risk where conflict exists, emphasizing
the safety of our employees and representatives.
If you believe that these Standards of Engagement are not being
upheld or if you have any questions regarding then Standards of
Engagement, please contact the Liz Claiborne country manager. Your
identity will be kept in confidence.