L Brands Company Profile by Apparel Search

Fashion Companies   L Brands Inc.   Fashion Company Alphabetical Listing

On August 2, 2021, L Brands (NYSE: LB) completed the separation of the Victoria’s Secret business into an independent, public company through a tax-free spin-off to L Brands shareholders. The new company, named Victoria’s Secret & Co., includes Victoria’s Secret Lingerie, PINK and Victoria’s Secret Beauty. Victoria’s Secret & Co. is a NYSE listed company trading under the ticker symbol VSCO.

In conjunction with this announcement, L Brands changed its name to Bath & Body Works, Inc. and now trades under the ticker symbol BBWI.

Below is for historical purposes only:

L Brands, Inc. was formerly known as Limited Brands, Inc. and The Limited, Inc. Fashion retailer based in Columbus, Ohio. 

In 1951 Bella Cabakoff and her husband Harry Wexner opened a women's clothing store named Leslie's. This store became the training ground for their son Leslie "Les" Wexner.  In 1963, he Les borrowed $5,000 from his aunt and $5,000 from the bank and opened a store at the Kingsdale Shopping Center in Upper Arlington, Ohio.  This store was named "The Limited" because the store focused on clothing for younger women, unlike his parents' general merchandise store.


In the 1990's the company begin a string of acquisitions.  They purchased several other retailers.

On August 3, 2007, Limited Brands sold 75% ownership of its flagship Limited chain to buyout firm Sun Capital Partners, Inc. In 2010, the remaining 25% of shares were also purchased by Sun Capital.

The Limited announced on its website that all The Limited stores in the United States had officially closed their doors on January 7, 2017. The web retail operation of The Limited stores, thelimited.com, was announced to continue to be open for business and ship nationwide.  However, The Limited online also soon filed for bankruptcy and discontinued all services.

The Limited brand was revived in mid-2017 by Sycamore Partners subsidiary Belk and Limited-branded merchandise is available on its website.

As of early 2018, L Brands operated the following retail brands:

Victoria's Secret

Pink (sold through Victoria's Secret)

Bath & Body Works

Henri Bendel

La Senza

More than stores, more than products ... L Brands is a family of brands. Their brands are world-renowned; they are household names. Through Victoria's Secret, PINK, Bath & Body Works, La Senza and Henri Bendel, L Brands is an international company that sells lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories. The company operates more than 3,000 company-owned specialty stores in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Greater China, and its brands are sold in more than 800 franchised locations worldwide. The company's products are also available online at https://www.victoriassecret.com/, https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/, www.HenriBendel.com and www.LaSenza.com.

Learn more about L Brands at their website.

L Brands 2020

Thank you for using the Apparel Search website.