Mechanix Wear "Original" gloves were first used in NASCAR during the 1992 Daytona 500 by the Richard Childress Racing Number 3 GM Goodwrench team. The company later became a team product supplier, contingency sponsor, NASCAR officials' product supplier, NASCAR aftermarket licensee and year-end award sponsor.
Pit Crew of the Year Award
In 2002, Mechanix Wear began sponsoring the "Mechanix Wear Pit Crew of the Year" award. The NASCAR year-end award is determined by a vote of all NASCAR Nextel Cup crew chiefs. Past winners include:
Mechanix Wear Most Valuable Pit Crew Quarterly Winners
- First Quarter - No. 29 RCR Shell-Pennzoil Team
- Second Quarter - No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports Dupont Team
- Third Quarter - No. 99 Roush Fenway Racing Office Depot Team
- Fourth Quarter - No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Lowe's Team
- "Mechanix Wear, Inc business data." Manta.com. August 22, 2007 <http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_ggzhvx>.