Welcome to the sorona fiber directory
section of the Apparel Search website. In this section, you will find
educational information and links to resources relevant to sorona fibers.
If you work in the apparel industry or simply have an interest in sorona
textiles, this is the area for you. If you do not find enough information
in this section of our Sorona fibers guide, you may wish to check
section or go back to the fiber
directory main page for additional textile
If you work for a company that supplies
sorona textile products, you can use the add your company link at the bottom
of this page to create a listing on the Apparel Search sorona directory
If you wish to read more about sorona,
don't forget to visit the
textile news section. More specifically, view
textile fiber news area. Also, if you work in the fashion
industry or textile industry, please join us at the
fashion industry network
for discussions about the use of sorona.
Fact Sheet DuPont Sorona 3GT Polymer
- DuPont has 60 years of experience in polymer and textile science. DuPont
Sorona is the most recent polymer in that long legacy of textile science
- Sorona 3GT is the first of a family of polymers made from 1,3 propanediol
(PDO). fibers that contain these polymers have unique properties that include
a very soft hand, comfort stretch and recovery, easy dyeability, stain resistance
and easy-care characteristics.
- Additional attributes imparted to fabrics by fibers made from Sorona
polymer are chlorine and UV resistance, rapid drying, colorfastness, static
protection, and resilience.
- fabrics with fibers made from Sorona polymer accept brilliant pigment
dyes beautifully and permanently at 100C without carriers or pressure and
offer excellent printability for rich, vivid colors.
- Polymers and fibers made from Sorona will create a new, distinct position
in the textile value chain because fabric made with the polymer can offer
a wider range of combined performance, wearability and style.
- The unique combination of performance and styling options available
with fabrics that contain fibers made from Sorona polymer can open new potential
for designers to create apparel and garments at the leading edge of fashion
- The depth of properties available from fibers containing Sorona polymer
makes it ideal for a wide variety of apparel segments including both women's
and men's wear and both topweight and bottomweight fabrics.
- DuPont Sorona has a group of partners around the world developing and
commercializing fibers and fabrics made from Sorona
polymers. These partners include: DuPont Textiles & Interiors, DuPont
SA, Huvis, Saehan, Far Eastern, Toray and Fangyuan.
- Sorona polymer is manufactured in a DuPont continuous polymerization
plant in Kinston, N.C. The facility has the capability to shift its production
from petroleum-based to bio-based PDO when process economics and market
demand justify the transition. That transition is expected within the next
DuPont and Sorona are a trademark and a registered
trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
Textile fiber Directory