|Lands' End Standards of Business
As direct merchants, we go
anywhere in the world to find partners who are able to give us the best
combination of quality, price and service that will allow us to deliver
honest value to our customers. In this global environment, we take an
interest in the standards of our business partners around the world.
In developing this policy, we have sought to use standards that are
appropriate to diverse cultures and encourage workers to take pride in
their work. We have found that these standards result in higher quality
working environments and in higher quality products.
Compliance with our standards is a condition for becoming and
remaining a business partner of Lands' End. We have established
procedures to review all issues as they come to our attention.
In all of our dealings with our partners, we comply with our own
Lands' End Code of Conduct and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. We
take special care in selecting partners who follow fair, decent and
legal labor practices and agree to our Standards of Business Conduct. We
initiate and maintain relationships only with partners who:
* Compensate their employees fairly for normal work hours and
* Believe that workers should be employed based on their ability to
perform the job, rather than discriminating on the basis of race, creed,
gender, politics, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
* Respect basic human rights and place our production where there is
no unusual risk to our employees or business interests.
* Provide their employees with a safe and healthy work place,
including their residential facilities, if provided.
* Share our concern for the environment and adhere to their local and
national laws regarding the protection and preservation of the
* Are knowledgeable of, and in compliance with, all the legal
requirements involved in conducting their business.
We will terminate our relationship with any business partner who
is found to be involved in the use of.
- Forced or Compulsory Labor.
- Child Labor below the minimum working age in the host
- Corporal Punishment or other forms of mental or physical coercion.
Our business partners are required to provide full access to
their facilities and to relevant records relating to employment
practices. We will conduct on-site inspections of facilities to monitor
these standards and assure the quality of our products.