TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company (TMaG) of Carlsbad, California is a US headquartered subsidiary of the German based adidas Group. TaylorMade was started in 1979 by Gary Adams, the inventor of the metalwood, and the company has continued to maintain a consistent presence at the top of golf product innovation since that time, including the R7 Quad line featuring movable weight cartridges.
TaylorMade was independently owned until adidas bought the company in 1997. The image and focus of the company was redirected shortly after the adidas acquisition to take over the driver market; the company succeeded in achieving this goal in late 2005 when it officially became the No. 1 driver in golf. TaylorMade-adidas Golf had its first $1 billion revenue year in 2006, marking only the second time a golf brand has achieved this in industry history.
The company markets TaylorMade drivers, fairway woods and hybrids, irons, wedges, and golf balls. TaylorMade's putter offerings are sold under the Rossa brand. Early in 2008, TaylorMade-adidas sold its Maxfli brand to Dick's Sporting Goods, an exclusive vendor of some TaylorMade economy lines.
adidas Golf has also rapidly grown to become one of the leading golf apparel companies in the industry, thanks to technologies such as the performance fabric ClimaCool.
It is claimed that more PGA Tour Professionals play TaylorMade drivers than Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra, Nike and Ping combined.
Current Products (as of 2009)
- R9 Driver with Flight Control Technology, R9 TP with FCT
- Burner '07, Burner TP '07, Burner Draw '07, Tour Burner, Tour Burner TP, Burner '09
- r7 Limited
- R9 Fairway with Flight Control Technology, R9 TP with FCT
- Burner High Launch, Burner Tour Launch, Burner Steel, Burner TP
- Burner High Launch, Burner Tour Launch, Burner Steel
- r7 CGB MAX
- R9 Rescue, Rescue TP
- Blades / Muscle Back Irons: *TP MB Smoke,
- Players Cavity Irons: Tour Preferred, R7 TP
- Cavity Back/game Improvement Irons: Tour Burner, Burner XD, Burner Plus, R7, Burner '09 Irons
- Super Game Improvement Irons: *r7 CGB MAX,
- Combo Sets (Sets including Hybrids): R7 Draw, Burner Plus Combo
Note: Burner '09 Irons can be classified as Super Game Improvement, Game Improvement, and Players Cavity Irons as they have a progressive cavity and offset design.
- Z TP
- rac Chrome, rac Satin TP
- Rossa - Monza Spider, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Balero
- Core Classics - Daytona 1, Lambeau 3, Fontana 7, Suzuka 1
- Rossa TP by Kia Ma- Daytona, Imola, Monaco, Maranello, Monte Carlo
- TP Red LDP, TP Black LDP
- Burner, Burner TP
- r7 CGB MAX Driver, Fairway, Rescue, Irons
- Burner '09 Driver
- Burner Fairway, Rescue
- Burner Plus Irons
- Burner '07 Driver, Fairway, Rescue
- R7 Draw Irons
- r7 Irons
Coming Soon No New Products at this Time