- A thread is a large number of very thin fibers spun together, used in the manufacture of textiles and in sewing. See yarn.
Additions definitions of thread, for other industries...
- The helical blades of a screw are also called "threads".
- The term "thread" is used in computer science as well, where it is short for "thread of execution". See Thread (computer science).
- A string of consecutive message postings to a newsgroup, mailing list or other forum are also known as a thread.
- In hardware a thread is used to connect two things together, such as a screw to a piece of wood or two segments of a hose.
|The above article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/thread). Modified by Apparel Search 10/21/04.|