|Fashion SEO - Fashion Search Engine Optimization: Fashion Terms by Apparel Search|
With a title like "Fashion SEO", this fashion term is either going to be about Sexy Exotic Outstanding Fashion or the term will be about Search Engine Optimization for Fashion. Well, this term happens to be regarding the later. If you are looking for sexy fashion, you may want to try the dirty clothing website. However, if you are interested in Search Engine Optimization in regard to the fashion industry, you can stick around here and read further.
Here are other possible definitions of SEO from Wikipedia if you are interested.
Is their a difference between SEO and Fashion SEO?
I am glad you have asked this question... The answer is YES. Certainly, the "goal" of SEO (for any industry) and the goal for Fashion SEO (SEO for the fashion industry) is the same. The goal for either is to drive web traffic (visitors) to your website or clients websites. Although the GOAL is the same, the method to reach your goals may have some differences.
For examples, if I was developing SEO for the Auto Industry, I would want to develop a strategy to include issues and other websites relevant to automobiles. If I am developing a fashion strategy, I would avoid auto relevant issues. With the obvious exception of Mercedes Benz. Those of us that know fashion understand, they have sponsored fashion week events (therefore, they have relevance to fashion...)
In regard to fashion, it is important for fashion companies to utilize similar strategies as other non fashion relevant businesses. The goal of Fashion SEO or SEO for Fashion is to build web traffic for your brand or company.
Here are a few issues that may help you develop good SEO practices for your fashion business.
1) Build a Good Fashion Website : SEO is meaningless without a strong foundation. If you are trying to drive traffic to your website, don't you want to have a good website for the viewers. Try not to build crap...
2) Find Good Fashion Websites to Link to Your Site: OK, you have a very nice website but you do not want to be an island. If you owned the most beautiful island of Hawaii but did not allow planes to land or boats to dock, how would travels reach you. You need entry points to your destination. Create landing pads, docks, bridges and tunnels to your island. In the world of the internet, if you want to be viewed, you do NOT want to become an isolated island. In regard to fashion, MANY visitors come to the Island of Apparel Search. If you want a bridge from Apparel Search to your fashion island, you simply need a link from here to there (we do provide links if you are interested). It is really that simple. Now, think about the other sites that you want to have bridging to your site. The more bridges from high quality locations the better. By the way, for "clothing" companies, you may want to check the fashion industry portal website. You will find a list of clothing & textile relevant directories. Fashion directories are wonderful places for building bridges and tunnels...
2) Viral Fashion Marketing : Viral Marketing or Viral Advertising is a marketing strategy that encourages people to pass along a marketing message. You may want to create fashion videos or some other marketing method to spread the word about your fashion company or fashion brand.
3) Facebook and Social Media : you will want to promote your company on social media websites such as facebook and the Fashion Industry Network or you can even promote your business on the Fashion Industry Network Facebook page... Their are also other social and business networks that cater to the world of fashion.
4) Social Bookmarking Fashion Websites : I am really not too sure how much social bookmarking sites effect web traffic. However, I figure it can't hurt (I could be wrong about that as well...) Here is an example of social bookmarking, Fashion on Delicious.
5) Fashion Tweets on Twitter : I am really not sure if Twitter is a fad or if it is here to stay. My initial instinct was that this service was a fad that would quickly be replaced. However, the popularity has lasted longer then I thought. Rather then debate the reasoning behind the twitter appeal, it is better to go with the flow rather then miss the wave. You do not have to spend your day on it, but doing a few tweets now and then, may help move traffic to your site. You can Follow Apparel Search on Twitter at Twitter Apparel.
For the record, because I do not work at Google, Bing, or any other massive search engine company, I truly do not know if any of the above mentioned methods (suggestions) really helps. You may want to do some reading at websites that specialize on SEO strategies. As you know, Apparel Search specializes in apparel and style... We do not specialize in building web traffic.
Are you familiar with tiny url's and how to use tiny url's with your online marketing.
You may also want to learn about
If you have suggestions on how to improve search engine rankings, please let us know...
Here are some other websites that provide search engine optimization tips:
Seo.com - SEO.com is simply a search marketing firm with a geeky enthusiasm that has driven top rankings for numerous clients that range from startups to large, international corporations. They claim to help with top ranking.
You may also want to try webmaster tools. You can search for the following tools:
Free Submission Tools
ML3811 Fashion SEO Term by Apparel Search
Do you want to have your fashion company rank better on search engines? If yes, you may want to use search engine optimization services. However, be careful because some services may hurt your chances rather then help you. You should do your own research regarding search engine optimization strategies before you make your SEO marketing decisions. As a reminder, Apparel Search does NOT claim to be an expert on this subject. You must do you own research.
|Fashion Models Fashion Industry Fashion Industry Network Fashion Schools Fashion News|